At night, the healthcare teams visit the residents at regular intervals, around every 3 hours.
In between rounds, the staff do not receive any real-time information. They are unaware of adverse events and have no means of being automatically alerted in real time to rapidly take control of risky situations.
Falls are the leading cause of accidental death in the elderly. One in two persons aged over 75 has a fall every year.
Residents wander around too long, become anxious and get exhausted.
Unwanted visits to the other rooms.
- Mental and psychological consequences: the longer the resident remains on the ground, the worse the consequences of the fall
- Self limitation of activity: 16% to 26%
For the staff:
- Fear for undesirable events
- Fear of spending too much time on a resident at the expense of the other residents
- Use of restraints to limit the movements of residents